22 June 2010

Finally some activity...

Today, I have ordered the first of the minis I hope to use for the mass-battle games for the Half-Continent.

Not knowing exactly which ones to use, I ordered three different 15mm sets from Minifigs - Dutch, French, and Russian musketeers with tricorne, in the classic March/Attack pose. A pic of the Russian minis is here. I am hoping to be able to use all of these, perhaps as differing factions in my battles.

Also, I have back-tracked in my choice of rules. Previously, I had wrote of a desire to use a historical set for the mass battles, but I have switched back to using a fantasy set, namely Fantasy Rules! by ChipCo. It is a simple yet flexible system that does need much for rosters or markers. If this fails I could always use a variant of Command & Colors, provided that I get a suitable hex grid...

2 comments:

  1. Thought about using a traditional horse and musket set and throwing in some fantasy? I love Might and Reason for 18th century, Simple, elegant and might be easy to add some "flavor".
    -J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, I had not thought about MR - and I see that an e-book version is available. I will look into it, thanks!

    ReplyDelete