12 October 2014

The table, and other stuff

Nothing much going on here hobby-wise, especially as work has been a bit crazy.  I did take the time to clear off the table:



The table, before



The table, after

Cleared off and re-organized a bit.  I am wanting to start up another 'build' round, where I clean, assemble, and prime miniatures, as I have the Huaxtecs and Islemen patiently waiting.  Nothing is going to happen with those two groups until my recent base order comes in, however!  I was experimenting briefly with some trays I received from Warbases, hoping that my steel washers would fit into them, but the washers are just too large and I have little inclination to modify either the trays or the washers to suit.  So, a small order of bases, and a couple of trays, has been made and they will appear soon.


Now, if that was not enough, this appears:


Over at Grimsby Wargaming, Paul posted a brief review of this book.  I was intrigued, but it was the finding of the above-pictured book at a local used bookstore (a hardback 1st ed for only $6.50) that has set some more gears grinding - another project, yes quite probably!  But, most likely it will take the place of my Scots project - I might be able to morph both of them together, if I am careful, and maybe I am just more comfortable with a fantasy setting than a historical setting where I might be put under a microscope for 'accuracy'.  My lovely wife - the one that found the book at the store - is comfortable with either route which is always a good thing!


.

4 comments:

  1. It's always a good thing to get the table cleared every now and again, makes the progress faster

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my case, it is to see what progress is not being made...

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, a good cleanup can be quite energizing!

    Might there be a Langton octeres lurking somewhere in the background?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sadly, there are no ships on the table at the moment. Hopefully I can re-launch that project in the coming year.

    ReplyDelete